kdesdk/cmake: in which git repo should utils for cmake end up?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 22:20:59 UTC 2012

Hi Alex,

Am Montag, 4. Juni 2012, 14:03:19 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Friday, June 01, 2012 06:47:34 PM Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi Alex and list,
> >
> > KDESDK is currently prepared for the svn2git migration. I only now
> > discovered that the cmake/ directory in KDESDK does not only contain the
> > usual modules as used by the buildsystem of the module, but also some
> > utilities for working with cmake. From the kdesdk/cmake/README:
> >
> > --- 8< ---
> > scripts/: helper scripts for working with cmake
>
> Some of them are still kind of useful, at least I'd like to keep them
> somewhere.
> cmake-utils/ sounds fine.
>
> > samples/: here you can find samples for using cmake for building KDE 3
> > apps
>
> This one is really out of date, and not really useful anymore.
> IMO it is good enough if they live on in branches/KDE/kdesdk/

Well, AFAIU after the split in the different repos there is no
branches/KDE/kdesdk anymore (officially), or? So also the old branches of
those cmake utils have to be moved to kde-dev-scripts/cmake-utils.

> > nightly-support/: this is for files which are useful for running Nightly
> > builds of KDE (and maybe also other cmake-based projects9
>
> Can go away.

Gone in master/trunk already anyway :) But well, we have to care for the old
branches, unless I am wrong here.

Okay, so the cmake utils will be part of the kde-dev-scripts repo. Now just
somebody needs to take on writing the according rules ;) (/me goes to update
at least the wiki).

Cheers
Friedrich