[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 31 10:38:37 CEST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007, JRT wrote:
> > However I really disagree with the tone of some messages in that
> > particular thread, I don't think it's fair to say something like that
> > about all (core) developers.

out of context, i'd agree. in the context of years of dealing with this
person's inability to work with others and operate within the accepted social
guidelines of the project the response was completely justified. this wasn't
a random response to a random invidual.

> > This is an unfortunate incident, not a common practice.

please don't fall for his "woe is me" act. it's not genuine.

> > Therefore, your statements here pissed me off for a bit
> > ("I think that new people should know what they are getting into.").

agreed.

> I assure you that this isn't an isolated incident.  But then, how many
> times do you need to be called an idiot and asked to leave before you
> get rather upset about the matter?

James, i think i've only asked you to leave once in all the time that you've
repeatedly taken advantage of the understanding and openness of this project.
we've honestly, truly and with great effort tried to work with you. the
reality is that not everyone is cut out for this project and this project is
not the right fit for everyone. you're one of those few people who that
describes.

EOT.

--
Aaron J. Seigo