Problems getting into programming

Thomas McGuire thomasmg at web.de
Wed May 12 19:56:22 CEST 2004

I just submitted my first patch to kfm-devel.
The thing which I first wanted to fix (change "in new window" to "in
new tab") turned out to be impossible (or at least very difficult)
since the text is generated in khtml, which does know nothing about
wether Konqueror is in tabbed browsing mode.

But I've found something else which was easy to implement. I made a
GUI option for "hover over favicon in tab changes it to close
button", IMHO very useful.

> http://www.koffice.org/developer/generalinfo/sendingpatches.php
Thanks for that link, very useful! It should be linked to
developer.kde.org, maybe anyone with CVS access can do that :-)

> I hope your patches get accepted :) and if your still
> looking for a project, don't forget KOffice....
I hope that, too ...
I don't think I will join any project now. First, I will look for
things which annoy me and try to fix them.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Thomas