printing mutiple small pages on one paper?

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:09:43 +0100

Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I'm searching for a printing filter similar to "poster":
> I have created an A7-page layout with kword and want to print as much as
> possible instances of the page on one A4-paper.
>
> Is this possible?

1) modify your kword file to have 8 times the same A7 page
2) print to PS file, say "file.ps"
3) use psnup to rearrange the pages:
	psnup -s1 -8 -pa4 file.ps > file_new.ps
4) check and print "file_new.ps"

About the options of psnup: it tells to put 8 pages on a A4 page,
but the "-s1" prevent psnup to scale the original pages, such
that your A7 size is kept.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.