Poster Printing

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:30:49 +0100

> 1.  Is there an .rpm for the poster application?

No from me. But maybe some Linux distributions has already integrated
poster in their packages. AFAIK, Debian has done it. Don't know for
Mandrake or RedHat.

> 2.  Would you consider packaging your poster application as an .rpm for
> Mandrake 9 and Red Hat 8 (the school uses Mandrake 9)?

Yes, I can consider it. However manual installation is very easy:
1) decompress: "tar xvfj poster.tar.bz2"
2) enter poster directory and compile: "make"
3) copy the generated binary into standard location like "/usr/bin"
That's it.

> 3.  Is there an easier way to print posters other than through the poster application?

Not to my knowledge. But poster has been integrated into KDE-3.1 (to
be released very soon), such that you can print posters easily from
KDE applications through an easy user interface.
Otherwise, you'll have to use poster manually:
1) from your application, generate PostScript file
2) apply poster on that file with the wanted options (poster size,
   media size, ...)

Cheers.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM