KDE Print error using CUPS and enscript

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:13:31 +0200

Ernie Pasveer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having problems printing using KDE-3.0.4 and cups. I'm sure it's a
> setup thing. I was hoping someone could help.
>
> Here's the error I get while trying to print anything while in Konquorer
> or any KDE program. (see ErrorMessage.png).
>
> Here's my configuration. (see Configuration.png).

The enscript filter should not be used from konqueror or any KDE app,
as they are directly producing PS data. Try to remove it in the
"Filters" tab of the printer properties dialog. If this filter is
present by default, check your ~/.lpoptions and/or /etc/cups/lpoptions
file to see if the enscript filter is not defined by default.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM