Compilation issue with libnl

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Tue Jul 3 15:52:36 CEST 2007

Hi Thomas,

Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007 schrieb Thomas Graf:
> I've cleaned up the mess with -kernel.h headers. I have no troubles
> compiling a plain main.cc on my system now. Could you please verify?
> Be aware, glibc seems to modify linux/netlink.h before exporting it
> to /usr/include causing problems. I've solved this by having local
> copies of these headers in libnl/include/linux/. I'm working on this
> but it seems an even tougher issue to solve.

A simple main.cpp with "netlink/netlink.h" included compiles without issues
but I have problems compiling a program which
includes "netlink/route/link.h". Is this related to the headers issue you
mentioned?

Here is the error I get when compiling main.cpp with "netlink/route/link.h"
included:

In file included from /usr/include/netlink/msg.h:17,
                 from /usr/include/netlink/cache.h:16,
                 from /usr/include/netlink/route/link.h:16,
                 from main.cpp:2:
/usr/include/netlink/attr.h:30: error: redefinition of ‘struct nlattr’
/usr/include/linux/netlink.h:127: error: previous definition of ‘struct
nlattr’

Thanks,
Helmut