[kde-networkmanager] Hardcoded /opt/kde3/include in src/Makefile.am

Valentine Sinitsyn Valentine.Sinitsyn at usu.ru
Wed Jun 14 16:05:09 CEST 2006

Hello Jan,

JdV> I was meaning to mail you guys about this, but there is a hardcoded path
JdV> to /opt/kde3/include in src/Makefile.am. Fedora has --prefix=/usr, so that
JdV> doesn't work.

JdV> When I change it however, it turns out that I don't have serviceiface.h.
JdV> Anywhere. What is it and where do I get it from??
serviceiface.h and libnetworkstatus.la come from kdepim/networkstatus
KDED module. The problenm is they are unexported interfaces, i.e. you
can't find them anywhere in your system (unless you are using SUSE).
There is a patch to workaround this problem
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=5540&O=0&L=0&C=0&K=knetworkmanager&SB=&SO=&PP=25&do_MyPackages=0&do_Orphans=0&SeB=nd,
don't be surprised of Arch Linux, just look at 01-build-fix.patch)
but as Timo told me today the right thing is to remove networkstatus
dependency altogether.

Regards,
Valentine