Two branches for KMix?

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:56:22 BST 2015

Hi everyone,

I don't understand why doesn't KMix use the common approach with two
branches - "master" and "frameworks"? There is instead a CMake switch
to build the KF5 version.

IMO, this is harder to maintain and I suggest that a "frameworks" is
created and both branches be free of "#ifdef X_KMIX_KF5_BUILD"
constructs.

Why do I bother? Because I was going to push a little patch regarding
localization of KF5 version and it was hard to decide if it should be
guarded with ifdef X_KMIX_KF5_BUILD. If we had two branches, I would
simply push to "frameworks" and leave "master" alone without need to
test the second time against KDELibs4.

--
Alexander Potashev