music player for rhel 6

Trever Fischer tdfischer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 27 12:57:05 GMT 2012

On Sunday, February 26, 2012 05:44:33 PM parvez Khan wrote:
> Hi,
> plz help me
> i want to install a audio video player which can run all the formats like
> VLC
> cau you please send me the link of a proper player for Redhat 6  and how i
> can install it in my system
> i have just now started using redhat but i cany play any music in it and
> thats very disaapointing even on Internet i didnt find the correct ans
> plz help me
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Parvez Khan

I'm not familiar with what packages RHEL6 has, but try this:

Install this: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
Also, this: http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

yum install gstreamer-plugins\* kdemultimedia --exclude=\*devel

I believe Rex Dieter, the guy behind the kde-redhat project would have some
more accurate feedback.

--
Trever Fischer (tdfischer)
Fedora Ambassador, KDE Hacker