Moving to Git

Trever Fischer tdfischer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 16 18:32:42 GMT 2011

Unless rdieter and I are horribly mistaken, dragonplayer, juk, etc still
lives on in SVN in the kdemultimedia module.

If nobody has any objections, I'd like to oversee all the little projects
in kdemultimedia getting split up into separate git repositories and
reconfigured to build independently and have independent release
schedules. This would facilitate these benefits:

1) We don't need to check out this huge package to install one or two
little programs.
2) Other devs can easily come in and fix things without having to worry if
there is some module-wide feature freeze or something.
3) These things show up on projects.kde.org
4) I can actually remember where dragon's sources are for once

I remember Harald saying he had some grand vision as lord president of
kde-multimedia, but I think we've both been IRL'd as of lately.

--
Trever Fischer (tdfischer)
Fedora Ambassador, KDE Hacker