Choosing a Phonon backend

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Mar 28 21:28:31 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 18:39:25 Matthias Kretz wrote:

> If we'll end with such a situation then I'll call it a failure. That would
> be a mess. No the goal must be one fully functional backend per platform.

Great! This is what I hoped to hear... err, read.

But what are the short term plans regarding backends? Will Gstreamer be the
backend on Linux, or will the Xine backend stick?

I'm sure Xine is adequate for media players, but it is not suited at all for
my little use case of playing sounds in kgoldrunner. ;)

Unless audio mixing is being worked on...

Luciano