Bounty: audio effects in phonon

Marcel Meyer m.meyer at tv1.de
Thu Mar 27 13:40:01 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'd like to ask you, if anybody is interested in a little Bounty and a few
€. Vir pointed me to this list.

Currently I'm developing an GPL-application which among other things plays
audio- and video-files for the Windows-platform with a planned port to Mac
OS and a wished one for Linux ;-).

So Phonon seemed to be the natural choice for the reimplementation of the
new version with Qt 4.4. But unfortunately it's still missing a detail I'd
need. Aside from playing a H.264/AAC/MP4-video-file the "normal" way, the
program shall be able to limit the audio output to a single channel (f.ex.
left) and play another AAC-audio-file on the other channel (right). So
Phonon must be able to mute a channel per source. The application must also
record audio, but I understand that's too early to use Phonon and I would
stay with portaudio in this case.

Who is interested in implementing this in Phonon and also building a working
backend for at least Windows in April/May? If the API will change for Qt
4.4.x it's not the end of the world ;-). For further details just contact
me! I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
Marcel