RFC: KDE4, KMix and a public Mixer API (possibly freedesktop.org)

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Tue Oct 10 18:17:15 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2006 07:19 schrieb Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas:
> On Monday, 9 October 2006 21:45, Christian Esken wrote:
> > Precisely. Also you do NOT want to use alsa-lib if it can be avoided: It is
> > fully undocument and very complicated to use properly if you want to cover
> > all soundcards.
>
> I have to disagree with the "fully undocumented" part. It is documented,
> though I would like a deeper level of information on several areas, as
> control and mixer interfaces:
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/index.html

Sorry, but we have been talking about Mixers and thus Mixer interface. Here is the complete documentation:
"Mixer interface
Mixer interface is designed to access the abstracted mixer controls. This is an abstraction layer over the hcontrol layer."

Look here: http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/mixer.html

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the Desktop? See http://www.kde.org