GStreamer Qt Bindingss and Widget

Engin AYDOGAN engin at bzzzt.biz
Thu Jun 2 23:11:06 BST 2005

Note: this is a crossposting to kopete-devel and kde-multimedia

Hi there,

We're trying to implement web cam support for msn (and for other protocols in
the future). The project Farsight ( http://farsight.sf.net ) aims to provide
a framework for audio/video conferencing in IM clients. Farsight project
itself is using GStreamer multimedia framework.

As we will need some kind of GStreamer support, I've wrote some wrapper for
basic GStreamer elements, and a widget which is ready to be used.

I think this GStreamer wrapper/widget work is not limited to kopete, and is
generic purpose so it can be used by others too. So, I think it'd better be
committed in some playground in trunk so that we can play with it.

I'm waiting for your suggestions on what we should do with this effort.

For the curious the current wrapper is being used like this;

	gst = new GstWidget( this, "gst_widget" );
	gst->setUri( "file:///home/engin/misc/americanidolmatthew.wmv" );
	gst->play();

This wrapper maps gobject signals/slots mechanism to Qt object's one, so that
we can do such thins;

	gst = new GstWidget( this, "gst_widget" );
	gst->setUri( "file:///home/engin/misc/1054361719jagler1.mpeg" );
	gst->setLoop( false );
	gst->play();
	connect( gst, SIGNAL( signalEOS( EOS* ) ), this, SLOT( replay() ) );

void gstwidgettest::replay()
{
 	gst->stop();
	gst->play();