artsdsp and artsd daemon not working..

AG agreen at bkaeg.org
Tue Jan 14 13:10:24 GMT 2003

I've been unsuccessful in running aRTs and using the artdsp to gain the
full-duplex features of my SB 128PCI (ENS1371) card.

I'm running ALSA 0.9 w/OSS emulation.

Hence 'artsdsp realplay' simply spawns the RealPlay8 and audio stream
does not work. The audio stream stops at 00.2 of 15:53.9 the audio
stream.

I'm not sure if my KDE 3.0.1 is compiled w/native ALSA support.
See below ->

  root at rufnek:/# artsd -l0
> gsl: using Unix98 pthreads directly for mutexes and conditions
> autodetecting driver:
>  - toss: 4
>   - null: -1
>    - oss: 10
>    ... which means we'll default to oss
>    device capabilities: revision0 duplex realtime batch trigger mmap
>    buffering: 7 fragments with 1024 bytes (audio latency is 40.6 ms)
>    Error while initializing the sound driver:
>    can't start sound i/o

aRTs doesn't seem to running at all.
(ps -ef | grep artsd) yields nothing b/c I can't start the daemon.