More info about jack

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Fri Feb 21 15:53:44 GMT 2003

I had prepared a longer answer for Neil, but I keep that private.
This can on the other hand be of public interest.

On Friday 21 February 2003 09:22, Neil Stevens wrote:
> What is this, and what would it do for us?

http://jackit.sourceforge.net/

Jack is a new audio server that is developed by people on linux-audio-dev
mailing list.

Once upon a time Linux audio applications wrote interfaces towards arts.
Now the interface linux-audio-dev people care about is jack. It was a long
time ago since I heard anything about arts there...

If arts did function as a jack host it could become the end user choice since
jackd more directed toward professional users.

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
SkellefteƄ