artswrapper defanged

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Fri Jul 12 14:23:08 BST 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 02:55:51PM +0200, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> The point is not how well it performs. The point is whether it takes down the
> whole system or not.

There's 5%-10% disk space reserved for root administration and emergencies,
I wonder why this is not the case for memory and CPU cycles.

Anyway, with a good operating system not even "setuid root" processes should
be able to take down the system. The user interface should run at the
highest priority (or semi-highest, with the administration interface on
top). The computer is there to serve us, after all. It should never be to
busy to listen to me. It should always listen to me and only when I am
silent do its happy tasks.

So, I'd say we enable it by default, but only on decent operating systems,
currently none.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much