Kontact Touch 4.8 Packages (conflict free installation)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 29 09:21:31 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch 29 Februar 2012 09:47:00 schrieb David Faure:
> Alas, after rebooting, my N9 won't start anymore.

Bah.

> It says:
>
> Device not working properly.
> Try updating the device software with Nokia Software Updater
>  [how? I can't even boot it]
>
> Security problem (devicelockd) :
> /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1.0.2
>
> I googled and found https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-21955
> and http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state but I'm too clueless to
> know if this is actually related :-)

I think Andre did something towards aegis.
The issue we've found was that if the main partition is full,
the device will have a issue. This is why the wiki pages strongly
warn to move the cache to MyDocs unless someone is absolutely sure
that it will fit in.

> I'm afraid that re-flashing will be the only solution, but that means
> losing data (e.g. contacts that are not saved on the SIM card) :(
>
> Strangely enough, doing the exact same installation on Sabine's N9 didn't
> lead to this problem. But I have more developer tools installed on mine.

Maybe it is other packages. Could it be a full partition? Did you move the
cache to MyDocs as indicated in the wiki?

Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member