Kontact Touch 4.8 Packages (conflict free installation)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Feb 29 08:47:00 UTC 2012

Alas, after rebooting, my N9 won't start anymore.

It says:

Device not working properly.
Try updating the device software with Nokia Software Updater
 [how? I can't even boot it]

Security problem (devicelockd) :
/usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1.0.2

I googled and found https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-21955
and http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state but I'm too clueless to know
if this is actually related :-)

I'm afraid that re-flashing will be the only solution, but that means losing
data (e.g. contacts that are not saved on the SIM card) :(

Strangely enough, doing the exact same installation on Sabine's N9 didn't lead
to this problem. But I have more developer tools installed on mine.