Kontact Touch Icons

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:23:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de> wrote:
> To clarify by all platforms i just meant to replace them with the current
> ones, well platforms might have been the wrong word.
> So even if you install Kontact Touch on a debian/suse/windows you get
> the "round" icons in the startmenu.
> The desktop distributions are not the main goal here though but take plasma
> active for example, i think on a plasma active desktop the greyish icons also
> look out of place.

from a plasma active perspective, i prefer the old gray ones (in fact
other icons such as the web browser were specifically copied from
them, even if badly ;)

and yes, i agree the new ones are prettier, but the "squircle" is a
strong Nokia specific branding element, i like it a lot but as visual
identity is "theirs".
so i would rather not have it in Plasma Active (as in they would be
patched out :p).

if the squircle gets replaced with like, any other shape in the world
maintaining the same style I'm perfectly ok with them, because apart
from that detail they are very nice.

Cheers,
Marco Martin