Packaging Development KDEPIM Versions for N900 Fremantle

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Sep 8 16:21:22 UTC 2011

On Thursday 08 September 2011 16:24:42 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday, 2011-09-08, Volker Krause wrote:

> > > After you did nearly 100 commits to update kdelibs packages ;-)
> >
> > well, it takes a while if you only get an error message every hour or two,
> > noting exactly one file that's wrong ;)
> >
> > Anyway, I'm stuck now in kdepimlibs that still claims not being able to
> > find Soprano and Nepomuk, no idea yet what might cause that, kdelibs found
> > those just fine.
>
> Might not be related but I had a similar experience just yesterday when
> doing a full rebuild of my checkout.
>
> After some investigation I found that kdelibs' CMake run actually complained
> about Soprano not being found but continued anyway (IMHO broken behavior).
>
> However, it looked like Soprano had been installed!
>
> After several unsucessful attempts I found out that I missed some redland or
> rasqal packages (not sure which, I installed several at once), which did
> not change anything visibly but resulted in Soprano being found by kdelibs
> and kdepimlibs then finding Nepomuk.

Yep, I have seen this before as well. However, it doesn't seem to be the case
here:
- Soprano cmake says it found all the redland/raptor/rasqal/virtuoso/iodbc
stuff it needs, only Sesame2 and Clucene are not found (but are optional for
KDE afaik)
- kdelibs finds all Soprano/SDO bits it needs and builds Nepomuk, the Nepomuk
libs are packaged (would result in an packaging error if they were missing,
see further up in this thread).

Still, kdepimlibs insists on neither Soprano nor Nepomuk being present at all
(not incomplete or too old).

Volker