kontact touch akonadi data location on maemo

Divan Santana divan at s-tainment.co.za
Thu May 5 20:53:52 CEST 2011

Sorry for the slow reply.

On Thursday 31 March 2011 09:10:37 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>   Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 20:50:44 schrieb Divan Santana:
> > On Monday 28 March 2011 10:35:29 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> >
> > Ok I changed my server side subscriptions to select folders and at least
> > my cache is down to 3 GB from 8 GB. :) Really kewl that one can do that.
> :
> :)Note that server side subscriptions will work on any client,
>
> but you can also use a) client side (aka local) subscriptions
> and you also can b) set the cache policy per folder.

That's great info thanks. I didn't see the client side subscriptions! Much
better, using it :)

> b) is easier to handle if you use the debugging tool "akonadiconsole" from
> remote. I admitt that is not very easy to setup.

> > > I expect it to be no problem. So you could for sure try.
> >
> > akonadictl start seems to always error out and fail on vfat (Sorry, I
> > didn't log the messages).
>
> Ah, this would be interesting to have in a report to bugs.kde.org.

I'll def submit it if I happen to reflash my phone again soon.

> > Haven't managed to get my calendar working yet(am using kolab), didn't
> > just work.
>
> It should just work, if you selected "Kolab" in the account wizard.
> Do you have an account entry in the "Calendar" frontend?

I did select kolab using the wizard.
The problem was just in server subscriptions the calender directory wasn't
checked. Now it works :)

> > I also notice duplicate contacts in kde contacts mobile, which don't
> > display duplicates in normal kontact and horde web interface.
>
> In some setup informations we end up having more resources showing the
> same  data than we want to. It is harmless, you could delete the akonadi
> resources with akonadiconsole (see warning above) or possibly otherwise
> with the contacts frontend.

The strange thing is that some contacts are duplicated, some have 7 copiers,
some have 3 others 5. But via horde it only displays one of the contact in all
sub contact directory.

> > Also in the
> > kde contacts app, the info isn't clickable/touchable, ie dial a number,
> > or simply email the contact from the app isn't easy.
>
> Yes, we know this platform integration is missing. We haven't had the
> bandwidth within the Komo3 project to do it for the N900. Shouldn't magic,
> though.
>
> > I'm sure this is all known info, as it's a still a work in progress, but
> > fantastic app so far and like the easy browsing of folders in kmail.
>
> Again: Welcome for your feedback!

Thanks, I plan to use it more when I get some time and report more info on it
:)

> Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 20:59:39 schrieb Divan Santana:
> > Lastly, also noticed, every now and then kmail mobile when opening says
> > out- of-office still active. It's really nice that it has that feature,
> > but in my case it is wrong, my out-of-office is not enabled.
>
> You do have sieve scripts on your kolab server, right?

Yes, filters configured via horde.

> Would you like to share which, I mean first of all the names?
> I never saw this problem before.

Not sure what you mean. My sieve script if I view it from horde looks like
this. I'll try give more info if it happens again.

1: # Sieve Filter
  2: # Generated by Ingo (http://www.horde.org/ingo/) (2011-05-05, 20:52)
  3:
  4: require ["fileinto", "imapflags"];
  5:
  6: # Whitelisted Addresses
  7: if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :is ["From", "Sender",
"Resent-From"] "michael.nieporte at uk-essen.de"  {
  8:     keep;
  9:     stop;
 10: }
 11:
 12: # Spam Filter
 13: if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "X-Spam-Level" "*****"
{
 14:     fileinto "shared.spam";
 15:     stop;
 16: }
 17:
 18: # <List-Id>:<kmymoney2-user.lists.sourceforge.net>
 19: if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "List-Id" "<kmymoney2-
user.lists.sourceforge.net>"  {
 20:     addflag "\\Seen";
 21:     fileinto "INBOX/lists/kmymoney";
 22:     removeflag "\\Seen";
 23:     stop;
 24: }
etc...