Kontact Touch on larger screens, flaps wider hack

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 23 07:40:42 UTC 2011

Marco, Nuno,

Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2011 17:43:39 schrieb Marco Martin:
> On Friday 06 May 2011, Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> > > Cool, which means we could make this change to the MeeGo packages
> > > as a patch. (Until somebody shows me how to make this depending on the
> > > platform or the physical screensize.)
> >
> > simpler solution ..... make the hit area larger than the actual visual
> > element, im not familiar with the actual implementation but should be
> > rather trivial to set that in the respective mouse area...
>
> it's just
> anchors.margins = -whatever
> in the mousearea
>
> however must not be exagerated to not make the user click on what he
> doesn't expect ;)

thanks for your hints. I did not get around trying them, as I am not very
familiar with QML and did not find the mousearea, so I would need to browse
the documentation.

As long as I do not find a better solution, I am using the following updated
patch on my ideapad. Should be useful for all situation where the touch
monitor has a frame and you cannot slide in easily from the left.

I apply it as administrator like:
  patch -i ~bernhard/hacking/kontact-touch-flaps-20110822.patch  -d / -p0

Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member