Status of akonadi's imap resource on N900 without gui?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Nov 10 10:44:52 CET 2010

I am wondering if somebody knows a method to get the status of the imap
resource of akonadi usable on an N900 without using a remote connection.

Because for me: akonadi_rds and akonadiconsole on a desktop machine work,
but this is not something we can recommend to less experiences users.
Using the command line output also is a problem as there is too much noise
and sometimes no output if the imap resource is not working.
The sync status icon in Kontact Mobile is cool, but it is to coarse for the
purpose.

Maybe a dbus call we could use on the phone to trigger a reaction?

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.