Build KDE(mobile) for ARM (Re: Status of MeeGo packaging of kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdeutils)

JD Zheng entropy.zjd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 17:37:07 CET 2010

Hi Marco,

I have been trying to figure out a easy way to build KDE for ARM. I
want to build from svn/git trunk as I'd like to contribute code, so
far, kdesrc is the easiest to me, but it doesn't work for ARM.

Now, I am thinking about using packaged KDE for a distro. Seems MeeGo
one is good solution though I still prefer Debian/Ubuntu because
Ubuntu looks much better on my pandaboard. But I guess I can't easily
using trunk code with these pkgs. I am also too lazy :-) to setup
Maemo/scratchbox since they aren't available on my board.

Since you've been working on ARM building, what is your suggestion?

Thanks,
JD Zheng