Install presence

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Wed Jun 16 10:19:01 BST 2021

On 2021-06-16 10:44, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 12:31 PM Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mac, Windows,
>
> Hi Aleix,
>
>> I'm preparing the Akademy presentation for the "KDE is All About the
>> Apps" goal and I'm looking to explain a bit the state of things.
>>
>> I don't have direct information about both KDE apps's Mac and
>> Windows
>> user base. Would you be able to give me some information or give me
>> access to it? It would help me paint a picture of the state of
>> things.
>
> While we don't capture any analytics on this ourselves (as the KDE
> Telemetry stuff is fairly limited in use at this stage) we do have
> access to Telemetry information captured by Microsoft for the Windows
> side.
>
> To my knowledge, Apple don't capture much in the way of analytics (or
> if they do, they don't make it available) so there won't be anything
> available for macOS i'm afraid.
>
> Please file a Sysadmin ticket to request an account on our Microsoft
> Partner centre account and we can go from there.

Hi,

I think the Windows Store is a good place to take a look at.
If you have no time to do so (with the account), I want to post
something
about the state of current install numbers in the next days anyways,
Okular and
Kate are now over the 100,000 installs.

For macOS I think there is not a lot of data (and users).

The UserFeedback of Kate tells there are a "handful" of users on macOS
that
have turned in on (at least I see some minimal macos part in the graph
there).

Greetings
Christoph

--