Okular not opening

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:27:13 GMT 2021

On Tuesday August 31 2021 12:38:42 Aman Agarwal wrote:

>I have installed okular using macports on my macbook. Whenever I try to
>open it, it doesn't open and doesn't even give me an error message. Could
>you help me with this please?

Sorry, somehow this message arrived only now. If it's still an issue, try launching the application from the terminal; I presume you know how to use that because you installed MacPorts.

Did you install the okular port that is in the official MacPorts tree? If so, you're using the old Qt4/KDE4 version. On my system it still runs, but there could be issues on newer OS or hardware versions.
Either way, to launch that version from the terminal, type

/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/okular.app/Contents/MacOS/okular

at the prompt. *IF* there are messages, they should show up there.