Building RKWard on Mac (continued from private discussion)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 11:20:23 UTC 2017

On Friday June 09 2017 12:57:38 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:

> I can see there are corner cases. But it's fairly important: I don't
> think there is any KF5-application that is better off without any
> icons. And in fact, both as an application maintainer and as a user,
> that's definitely something I would expect packaging to take care of.

You certainly have a point.

> I'm absolutely not up to speed on MacPorts but could you make it such
> that any port that has kf5.add_app_wrapper in it will also get a

That's actually a clever thought. The problem is that that macro is currently intended to be called in the "post-destroot".
That means I'd have to rewrite it, and modify all ports to call it from the toplevel.
I'll have to test that.

> (*) Are you aware of any applications among your kf5 ports which would
> _not_ want kf5-osx-integration?

No. In fact it's quite important to me that it works with any Qt port because it allows me to use my fonts and hand-tuned QtCurve theme across the board.