[KDE/Mac] Creating a OS X packaging receipt for DMGs?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:41:37 UTC 2016

On Wednesday March 09 2016 11:10:03 Milian Wolff wrote:

> > The question stands what is needed to build that parser. I'm guessing
> > KDevelop isn't the only tool that can leverage libclang without requiring a
> > full LLVM+CLang install.
>
> What parser are you talking about?

The C/C++ parser. Does KDevelop use libclang for more than one parser?

> > Not even for building the parser?
> > Being able to use an existing, external clang install would still be
> > preferable in my opinion but I have no idea if that would even have been
> > possible.
>
> What parser again? Do you mean the code that uses libclang?

Yes, any parser or other code that uses libclang.

> You can build that
> with any somewhat recent C++11 compiler, no need to build it against the Clang
> that corresponds to the libclang we use. They are unrelated.

Well, yes. It's also evident that libclang will depend on at least libLLVM (mine does, at least; the one inside Xcode has no LLVM dependencies apparently).
What I'm trying to figure out is the minimum subset of a full LLVM+Clang install that will allow to build and run KDevelop (and possibly other applications that use libclang).