[KDE/Mac] Another round of success

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue May 26 22:47:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Mario Fux <kde-ml at unormal.org> wrote:
> Good morning
>
> As I see more and more commits on the kde-commits mailing list with messages
> like "Fixed build on OS X" or "fix for Mac OS X" I think we can see this as
> another round of success.
>
> But this of course mostly because of Scarlett's and Marko's (and the man
> behind the curtain: Ben ;-). work on the new CI infrastructure on
> build.kde.org. Thanks guys for this!
>
> And you might have seen a problem that we have with the infrastructure for CI.
> Our Macs there are just too weak for all the KDE code (nonetheless of course a
> big thank you to Bradley and Marko for their machines!).
>
> So does anybody know a good source for new Apple hardware for KDE? Please tell
> us if you've an idea.
>
> Thanks
> Mario

Hi Mario,
Ben sent an e-mail to the board last week about that. I think you were
CC'd. I (we) asked him to send us a couple of alternatives so we can
make up our minds.

Personally, I don't have a doubt that we want the problem solved,
question is whether there's an affordable way to do so, but it's
barely the Board's job to research what are the different alternatives
we've got, IMHO.

Regards,
Aleix