[KDE/Mac] binary compatibility

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 6 17:11:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 15:28:59 +0100
René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday March 05 2015 14:58:44 meik michalke wrote:
> Doh, I should have checked that myself ...
>
> >MacPorts doesn't want official portfiles to use libraries outside
> >the MacPorts
>
> I'm guessing you might be able to load the R library at runtime
> (dlopen), in which case its location becomes a configurable property
> and MacPorts can no longer impose any rules on it ;)

in principle, probably yes, but it's a bit of a can of worms. We've had
quite some trouble in the past with subtle differences in compilers,
etc. Our conclusion so far was that the only safe option is to build
against the flavor of R that is going to be used at runtime.

(In fact, you can even select a different R installation using a
command-line switch, already, but that, too is only safe under certain
conditions.)

--

Either way, on the original subject, we've tracked down the issue to a
silly typo in the code that was trying to make sure the dbus session

--

Marko, we're going to release version 0.6.3, tomorrow, and of course it
would be nice, if the official portfile could get updated, soon. Now

- We moved from SF.net to KDE.org, thus
   homepage -> http://rkward.kde.org
   lists.sf.net:rkward-devel -> lists.kde.org:rkward-devel
   master_sites -> ?
   livecheck.url -> ? The release is going to be at
     http://download.kde.org/stable/rkward/0.6.3/src/rkward-0.6.3.tar.gz
     not, there, yet, but there are some files in
     http://download.kde.org/unstable/rkward/, already.
- If the portfile is based on the .tar.gz (I think it is, right?), we'll
  need a patch for that silly typo, above: [2]
- Not sure, if the pre-activate section is still needed.

What can I do to help with this, best?

Regards
Thomas

[1]