[KDE/Mac] MacPorts

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 21:40:33 UTC 2015

On Sunday June 07 2015 22:57:48 Marko Käning wrote:

Hi Marko,

> you should perhaps post this on the MacPorts dev mailing list instead?!

Given how recent threads I started went I'm more or less convinced that'd be counterproductive.

> How much of your code did actually go into his new version of the qt5 port?

I didn't check (I've been out today getting a sun overdose watching old planes fly), for all I know all similarities are pure coincidence. The diff of his commit is quite big, and over time mine has probably grown even bigger, what with the subports I added.

> I’d find it very sad, if this would make you dump MacPorts, which is why
> some discussion on the dev mailing list might be a good idea. After all,

Maybe it's time for my monthly Prozac shot ;) but my current impression is that a certain number of people would not find my departure very sad at all...
You must have seen that I left (and edited) a reaction to the commit message, which hasn't been picked up at all.

> qt5-mac is openmaintainer and thus your contributions should be taken
> seriously by its maintainer (who - as I noticed myself - was repeatedly
> quite unresponsive for long time spans).

I want to ask him at some point if he wanted me to take over; I should check if I did and when that was. I do know I didn't get an answer though. I don't think that's acceptable for a port that will be the basis for so many projects.

I really had too much sun today (despite wearing an Aussie hat); I'm going to wind down early tonight.

Best,
René