[KDE/Mac] QStandardPaths possible solution

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 05:27:03 UTC 2015

Thanks, René.

Works for me (on Lion).

On 10/01/2015, at 9:01 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> FYI: about using environment variables, I just found this thread (https://devforums.apple.com/thread/251429?tstart=0) :
>
>> launchctl still works.  Apple removed /etc/launchd.conf for security
>> reasons.
>>
>> First convience yourself that launchctl works:
>>
>> launchctl setenv rats mice
>>
>>  close all terminals, including the terminal application

It is not necessary to close all the Terminal windows.  Closing the Terminal
*app* is enough.  When you re-open the Terminal app, all the windows re-appear
(with previous work greyed out) and $rats has value "mice" in all windows.

Similarly, it all works for the command:
    launchctl unsetenv rats
after closing and re-opening the terminal app.  Nice find, René!

>>  open a new terminal
>>  echo rats
>>
>> Ok?
>>
>> I just found this, which I believe is correct:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25385934/yosemite-launchd-conf-no-longer-
>> work
>>
>> Look at the response by ursa.  Basically creating a
>> /Library/LaunchAgents/environment.user.plist to process the
>> /etc/environment file.

Cheers, Ian W.