[KDE/Mac] "mac" style and wrong layout under Qt5/KF5?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:07:39 UTC 2015

On Wednesday April 08 2015 15:57:08 Mario Fux wrote:

Hi Mario,

> > > No idea. We need Mario to tell us!!!
> > >
> > >                 ^^^^^
> >
> > Now that we are finding the same or similar bugs in KF5/Qt5 as
> > we did in KDE 4, it is time to go in through the FRONT door, i.e.
> > post a bug report, with screenshots, on Bugzilla.

> So what's the status here? Still on topic? How can I help?

Going out on a limb here, but given the (non) amount of (non) progress we've been making I feel fairly confident to guess that the issue is still there. It isn't like we understand exactly what is happening either, so the only way it could have "gone away" is if some Qt bug had been squashed.

> What are you doing between 6th and 13th of September 2015?
> Could you come to the Randa Meetings to hack on KDE-Mac stuff? It's
> impressive that amount of energy and time you spend on this.

I have no idea what I'll be doing during that week. In an ideal world I'd hope I'd have found a job or contract by then ... I suppose that's also an explanation why I can spend so much time "on this"!
Also, I'm not sure if I have enough background (in C++, Qt and KDE/KF5 or even hard-core OS X programming) to justify the expenses of going to and spending a week in Switzerland outside of the holiday period.

Cheers,
René