[KDE/Mac] Native file dialogs (was: What is happening to the KDE/OSX themes?)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:13:29 UTC 2014

On Friday October 24 2014 17:57:41 Ian Wadham wrote:

Hi Ian

> On 21/10/2014, at 6:09 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> > Quickly: yes to what you *think* I was saying (apparently in double-dutch?)
> That's a bit politically incorrect, but I guess *you* are allowed to say it… :-)

We actually make fun of ourselves with that term, so yes :)

> Which .rc file exactly?  AFAIK, the only "native" option is in kdeglobalrc.
> I do not know of any apps that have an option to override that in their own
> Settings dialog.

>From what I've seen, you can add such a section to any rc file. I guess that the KConfig system is hierarchical, overriding more global preference settings with more specific settings.

I have no time right now to have an in-depth look to your analysis - it looks good but what exactly does it tell us for the patch?
By all means, soldier on ... or should I say keep going walkabout in that not-exactly-bush-but-more-rainforest sea of code? ;)