[KDE/Mac] KDE/macports +docs variant and dblatex

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 23:10:22 UTC 2014

Hi René,

On 05/10/2014, at 8:19 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Message specifically addressed to Ian, but also to Nicolas:
>
> kdepim4 is the only port I currently have installed that adds a dependency on dblatex in order to build with +docs. It turns out that it builds fine without dblatex.
> I haven't yet checked what the documentation looks like (builds are being done on a headless 10.9 VM); will report back if there is an issue. But I presume dblatex is used only to generate nice-looking PDF versions, and is not used for the HTML doc used by the KDE HelpCentre.

The notorious meinproc4 (a KDE process) should be the ONLY requirement
for generating (compressed) HTML for the KDE HelpCentre. The KDE doco is
also available on docs.kde.org, in various languages.

Doxygen can be used to generate API doco for classes, but that is not a usual
part of a KDE build. That doco is available on api.kde.org.

I don't know how or why latex gets into the act.

I have often grumbled on both MacPorts lists about the amount of "stuff" that
gets dragged in by the +docs variant (and +debug), but to no avail as yet...

Cheers, Ian W.