[KDE/Mac] Some issues found while testing branch 'KDE4.13'

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 00:57:37 UTC 2014

Hello

Replying via Apple Mail because something somewhere in KDE's intestines has decided all of a sudden that it's a good idea to send smtps://XX@YY using the http protocol ...
(yesterday night at the same time I discovered that Qt4-mac no longer resized content after resizing a window ... had to reinstall it ...)

> Apart from that there are a few other things, many of them certainly due to the fact
> that I currently don’t have akonadi and co up and running on my VM for Qt4/KDE4.

But you do have them installed?

> kate, dragon, kcolorchooser, kuser, kmix, kscd, contactthemeeditor, headerthemeeditor,
> kalarm, kwikdisk, step
>  - no application icon in launchpad and dock (when not started)

kate at least should have an icon set when you have the iconutil utility. The last 2 in that list aren't supposed to have one AFAIK.

> kaddressbook, accountwizzard, kjots, knots, kommander
>  - hang during startup

accountwizzard, seriously?

> kalarm, kmail, kontact, korganizer
>  - fails to start PIM service

Could that be in any way related to the baloo-related changes?

> karm
>  - shows empty message with title that "karm is now ktimetracker”
> ktimetracker
>  - fails to create part

Those aren't new or related to 4.13. The karm message is expected, but it ought to launch ktimetracker, which fails evidently.
A Qt/C++ guru should look into what goes wrong with loading the kpart.

Good luck, and sorry for not being of more help ...