[KDE/Mac] Suggestion to set up a central MacPorts/KDE repository for easy exchange of MacPorts port files

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Sat May 10 00:06:40 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,
Hi Ian,

On 09 May 2014, at 10:00 , Nicolas Pavillon <nicos at macports.org> wrote:
> I could eventually send you the Portfiles if it could help. I kept them to track the probable changes to apply when migrating to KDE 4.13 on Macports.

what do you think about putting those files onto a public repository [1] like I did it for your intermediate fix [2] for cmake a few weeks ago?

1)
We could make use of [1] for this purpose, if you like. I could - instead of Mercurial - also use git, if that’s more to your taste.
I am using a Mercurial repo for years to exchange port files with Brad [3]. In there your change [1] is also reflected as commit [4].

2)
On the other hand one might want to avoid using non-free services like BitBucket or GitHub and instead go for KDE’s infrastructure itself...

Therefore I asked around on #kde-sysadmin and Ben told me to neither use git-lab nor scratch repos and instead make use of a repo at git.kde.org.

3)
Another option might be to simply stay on MacPorts’ SVN server by creating your own user branch following [5] where you could put e.g. your current KDE 4.13 port files which would then be visible on [6] and could easily be accessed by all of us. This might help Ian regarding his tries to get KDE 4.13 up and running.

Nicolas, what do you think?

Ian, what would you prefer?

[1] https://bitbucket.org/mkae/macports-kde/wiki/Home
[2] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41321