[KDE/Mac] Avoiding baloo trouble

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Thu May 1 15:27:43 UTC 2014

I just found on the German OpenSUSE mailing list posts which discuss that users actively disable baloo on *Linux* because of the baloo indexer running wild by excessively consuming CPU power as well as memory [1,2].

This shows that my feeling was right that we must make sure that we can effectively deactivate baloo on OSX for now by using

	$ echo "Indexing-Enabled=false" >>~/.kde4/share/config/baloofilerc

The folks said this is comparable to those times back then when nepomuk and strigi where introduced… :-(

I figure it’s wise to let the 4.13 ripen a little before we change over on MacPorts to the new version, just as Nicolas said.

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2014-05/msg00011.html
[2] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2014-05/msg00018.html