[KDE/Mac] How can I change one piece of code in a MacPorts installation?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 23:28:01 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On Jul 21, 2014, at 10:28, Ian Wadham wrote:

> At first sight, it looks as though KCrash has never been able to start
> Dr Konqi by sending a message on a socket to kdeinit4.  I still get the
> same "connect" error and it starts Dr K by forking it.  But I need to get
> some more log messages into the code to prove exactly what is going
> on down there…

DrKonqi *was* started on my system a couple of times (when playing with kmail, which has gone unstable as hell for me, all of a sudden). I also got a (part of the) backtrace, but things hung there. I presume because DrKonqi and gdb don't understand each other well enough on OS X, causing the former to hang waiting for the latter (on the main thread, so the whole UI freezes too...).
Hope you'll find a fix for that too!

René