[KDE/Mac] Another QSP update for the OSX/CI system! + XDG_* vars on OSX?

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Dec 10 19:19:02 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

my latest change to QSP is in [1] where I fixed a wrong path assignment and also wanted to make
sure that the user can truly override the OSX standard settings for Generic(Data|Config)Location
using the CI system’s XDG_*_DIRS env vars.

Jeremy mentioning stg like MAC_DATA_DIR isn’t an option here (yet), as we want to keep this for
now in line with Ben’s python CI scripts.

Also note, that there is an xdg-utils port on MacPorts:
---
$ port info xdg-utils
xdg-utils @1.0.2_1 (sysutils)

                      variety of desktop integration tasks.
Homepage:             http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/XdgUtils

Build Dependencies:   xmlto
Platforms:            darwin, freebsd, linux
License:              MIT
Maintainers:          afb at macports.org, openmaintainer at macports.org
$ port contents xdg-utils
Port xdg-utils contains:
  /opt/local/bin/xdg-desktop-icon
  /opt/local/bin/xdg-desktop-menu
  /opt/local/bin/xdg-email
  /opt/local/bin/xdg-icon-resource
  /opt/local/bin/xdg-mime
  /opt/local/bin/xdg-open
  /opt/local/bin/xdg-screensaver
---
and one could investigate its usefulness further, as René already suggested.

If it - independent on the above - turns out that the XDG* vars aren’t the way to go - as David
Faure already underlined in summer - we eventually would have to come up with new
OSX-CI-specific vars, which then require changes in the python CI scripts themselves. Stg like
MAC_(DATA|CONFIG)_DIRS or whatever could be introduced easily, based on the current QSP code.

[1] http://commits.kde.org/clones/websites/build-kde-org/kaning/mp-osx-ci/e305e21d799fbbaf5a883bd295cafa28c4b90a39