[KDE/Mac] KF5 Kate and QSP

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Mon Dec 8 07:08:52 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

On 08 Dec 2014, at 02:01 , Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>> but I did and do use this argument in prepare.sh:
>> ---
>> python2.7 tools/prepare-environment.py --project $1 --branchGroup kf5-qt5 --platform darwin-mavericks --sources ${BDIR}
>> ---
>
> Odd. Does $BDIR/ feature anywhere in the variables set by the CI scripts?

here the usage of “--sources”:
---
MVM2:scripts marko$ grep ' --sources' *.sh
build.sh:      --platform darwin-mavericks --sources ${BDIR} ) &> ${LOG}
create-env.sh: python2.7 tools/environment-generator.py --branchGroup kf5-qt5 --platform darwin-mavericks --project $1 --sources ${BDIR} >$1.env
prepare.sh:    python2.7 tools/prepare-environment.py --project $1 --branchGroup kf5-qt5 --platform darwin-mavericks --sources ${BDIR}
---
and I think the one in create-env.sh isn’t even needed, as it doesn’t make any difference to the way the env vars get created.

As I already said, it seems that tools/environment-generator.py needs to also include the application’s install
root’s entries for all XDG_*_DIRS env vars IF I want to be able to run an app from its _install_ location.

>> I know it is harmless, but I want to achieve that the tests run without me having to patch anything.
>> Perhaps they even would, if I simply enabled them now...
>
> I suspect they probably would.

:-)

Yes, indeed, I’ve the tests running now:

	First 100%-successes are kbookmarks and even _Trojita_!

This means, running the apps in their build directory is obviously working as expected!

>> What exactly do you mean by "second one”?
>
> The path that has "kate.app" in the path - which if i'm not wrong is
> the application bundle.

My goodness, I still can’t figure out what you’re referring to, where did you see kate.app in the path in my posts?

Where was the app trying to access the app bundle? I can’t seem to find it…

Are you perhaps talking about the QSP patch and the app bundle code section in there?