[KDE/Mac] KF5 Kate and QSP

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sun Dec 7 17:07:12 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

the OSX/CI system isn’t yet through with all projects, but I can start kate already
and get quite far, although the application crashes at exit, surely because of the
icon theme still not being found. (After the 1st trial I decided to run kbuildsycoca5
and tried again, but with the same negative result.)

---
MVM2:scripts marko$ kbuildsycoca5
Could not find drkonqi at /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kcrash/inst/lib/libexec/drkonqi
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/var/folders/xd/_025xt7j6dggsjd0_6tczq180000gn/T/runtime-marko'
kbuildsycoca5 running...
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open ksycoca from "/Users/marko/Library/Caches/ksycoca5"
Recreating ksycoca file ("/Users/marko/Library/Caches/ksycoca5", version 300)
Menu "applications-kmenuedit.menu" not found.
Saving
Emitting notifyDatabaseChanged ("services", "servicetypes", "xdgdata-mime", "apps”)

MVM2:scripts marko$ /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kde/applications/kate/inst/Applications/KF5/kate.app/Contents/MacOS/kate
katepart:  mapping  "cb"  ->  "mapped-shouldntbehere"
katepart: Register  '-'  set to  "completionB"
katepart: Register  "  set to point to " '-'
katepart: Register  '0'  set to  "foo
bar
baz
"
katepart: Register  "  set to point to " '0'
katepart: Register  '^'  set to  ""
katepart: Register  'a'  set to  "baz
"
katepart: Register  'b'  set to  "bar
"
kf5.kcoreaddons.kdirwatch: fsWatcher->addPath "/Users/marko/Application Support/kate/sessions"
Couldn't start kglobalaccel from org.kde.kglobalaccel.service: QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name org.kde.kglobalaccel was not provided by any .service files")
cannot find .rc file "kateui.rc" for component "kate"
cannot find .rc file "kateui.rc" for component "kate"
Icon theme "hicolor" not found.
kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Oxygen)"
void QCocoaMenu::insertNative(QCocoaMenuItem *, QCocoaMenuItem *) Menu item is already in a menu, remove it from the other menu first before inserting
void QCocoaMenu::insertNative(QCocoaMenuItem *, QCocoaMenuItem *) Menu item is already in a menu, remove it from the other menu first before inserting
virtual void QCocoaMenu::removeMenuItem(QPlatformMenuItem *) Item to remove does not belong to this menu
[...]

Segmentation fault: 11
---

I’ve attached a screenshot.

There one can see already, that some re-ordering of the menu titles occurs.

The “Help” menu is in the middle and there is a menu title “No text” with some content
being shown in the screenshot.

Well, this is much better than everything before, but I wonder why the icons
aren’t found…

I’ve attached its crash log as well.

P.S.: Now that I’ve written this I see that more and more apps have been built
      successfully. But I think all of them will run into the same issue regarding
      their icon themes...