[KDE/Mac] system misses support for posix_fallocate()

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Fri Sep 2 06:40:10 UTC 2011

On Thursday 01 September 2011 22:50:45 Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi, when I try to run e.g. tutorial example #2 I get the following warning
> message on Mac OS X 10.6:
>
> $ ./tutorial2.app/Contents/MacOS/tutorial2
> tutorial2(37163)/KSharedDataCache ensureFileAllocated: This system misses
> support for posix_fallocate() -- ensure this partition has room for at
> least 10547304 bytes.
>
> What's going on here? Is this a message from KDE or rather QT?

It's from KDE, more precisely from KSharedDataCache. It's mostly harmless, if
a bit verbose. Sadly, however, KSDC does not work as is on OSX, atm, I'm
working with Michael Pyne, the other, to change that. There has been a serious
of merge requests lately that make things work well enough for me, but I'm not
sure what if any of that has made it into macports. If things work for you,
otherwise, the warning itself should be harmless.

Till