[KDE/Mac] apple-gcc42-devel

Janus janus at rtfm.org.ar
Tue Mar 3 10:24:47 CET 2009

2009/3/3 Janus <janus at rtfm.org.ar>:
> 2009/3/3 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>:
>>

>> On Mar 2, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Janus wrote:
>> snip

>>> done.
>> Now use the uninstallation script provided with the xcode 2.5 dmg to
>> uninstall xcode 2.5 from you're machine.
>
> In the dmg I didn't find any uninstaller.
> In /Developer, I have 2 at /Developer/Library:
> uninstall-developer-folder and uninstall-devtools. Should I use one of
> them?

I used uninstall-devtools and it works as expected (I think)

>> Then delete /Developer if it's still there.
>> Then restart the machine.
>> Then reinstall Xcode 2.5 (yes, reboot first)

Done.
qcgs-computer-batc:~ janus$ gcc --version
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5370)

qcgs-computer-batc:~ janus$ gcc-4.2 --version
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5564)

Should I do a gcc_select to select gcc-4.2 as default before trying to
install some kde stuff?
(I will wait your answer, because I don't want to break it again)