[KDE/Mac] Trying to compile Kile on MacOS 10.4.11: Failed at apple-gcc42

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:00:40 CET 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 2:02 AM, Janus wrote:

> 2009/3/1 Janus <janus at rtfm.org.ar>:
>> You are right! Thanks. Well, at the moment I am compiling it by going
>> to the folder where it is the profile and doing a 'sudo port
>> install',
>> so I will wait to finish it. However, now I have the process sleeped
>> because I am trying to free some space in my hard disk (I don't have
>> so much to compile). So, it will take a long time: I have to finish
>> the compilation of apple-gcc42, then install kdeutils4 from macports
>> to have the lastest qtlibs and kdelibs and finally, compile kile.
>> I will let you know when I'd finish (or when I'd get stuck).
>
> Ok, I have apple-gcc42. I had to do some symlinks by hand because if
> not, gcc_select doesn't work, but finally, I have it.
Well you've just done something not listed in the guide, which doesn't
even guarantee success if you follow it exactly. you don't need to
mess with gcc_select (it does a lot of stuff i haven't bothered to
look into) which could affect your build environment, and it's sanity
thereof. I wouldn't be surprised if your problems below stem fro this.

> Well, qt4-mac still with problems :S
1) it seems this error has nothing to do with the new gcc installed.
qt4-mac says it's building w/ gcc-4.0 which should work fine. This
could be related to the gcc_select-ion you did earlier. Judging from
the compilation output though I'd think some necessary file isn't
being included, but gcc is a strange and magical beast. Who knows
what's really going on? Perhaps google...

> Maybe now that I have the proper apple-gcc42 I should try with the
> precompiled kde from mac.kde.org. That is the version 4.1.2. Should
> kile (cvs) compile with that version or I need 4.2?
2) i have no idea, I don't know of anyone who's tried.

> Here is the output of the qt4-mac compilation (I uninstalled it, did a
> cleaning, tried to install it again, get the error, and executed it
> again to copy the output, that's why there are a lot of source already
> compiled):
3) try 'sudo port -d install qt4-mac build.jobs=1'
Ig that doesn't work, report to the macports mailing list and/or file
a trac ticket.