[KDE/Mac] KDE 4.1.2 Packages are up

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:46:01 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:35 AM, Manish Chakravarty
<manishchaks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> How do i use the (devel) portfiles that you guys are currently using?
> I would like to contribute to the KDE/OSX effort
>
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Big O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>> I've finally finished 4.1.2. Three weeks late and still missing kdepim
>> and digikam. Unfortunately those two probably won't be provided unless
>> some KDE developer fixes compilation for OS X.
>>
>> Kdepim has some problem where it's linking against apple's version of
>> libjpeg instead of the version it should be using.
>> Digikam actually needs kdegraphics from trunk (kde 4.2 branch) so it
>> won't be included in these packages until 4.2 is released.
>>
>> All headers files necessary to compile programs are included again. If
>> anyone wants to try packaging up more stuff, like kdeedu/kdegames, or
>> even digikam go for it. You'll have to install things like
>> auto{conf,make}, cmake and pkgconfig by yourself, but that's not too
>> hard. I've got work-in-progress instructions of what to do on Leopard
>> up at: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Mac_OS_X/Macbook_Manifesto
>>
>> As for the apps included, amarok, ktorrent, juk, dolphin, okular,
>> gwenview, kate, kompare (which i really like), kopete and some others.
>> If you can't launch the programs that's my fault, report here. The
>> usual solution to that problem is to just reboot. Anything else report
>> to bugs.kde.org and list OS X as the operating system.
>> N joy.
>
> First of all I must congratulate you for the excellent work!
Thank you! You're being too kind. Really. The pkgs suck, still trying
to make them better :-)

> Sorry to be a PITA, but the following things do not run on my OSX 10.5.5
>
> - Konsole - it comes up.. but
Fail on KDE's part (add comment/vote to bug report on bko)

> - Amarok - comes up only the first time that you launch
Fail on Amarok's part. It's really there but you need to go to the
Blue icon in the menubar notification area and choose the "Restore"
option.
The amarok mac developer has fixed this and many other Amarok X bugs recently.

> - okular-
Fail on my part most likely. I'll try again "later" but it used to workforme :-)
> - kate-
well. that's odd. worksforme

--
All your gmail are belong to us.