Kubuntu keyboard problem.

Ala Sami ala_sami_ali at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 20:45:24 GMT 2022

Hi Kubuntu support team.
I Installed Kubuntu 20.04 on my laptop, but I have a problem with typing.
I am using arabic language, there is a problem with one of the keyboard keys.
the Key is what shown in the next picture:

this key print (ﻻ), and this is infact a combination of two letters, (ل) and (ا), and each one of them has also its own key as here:

the problem is:
1. when I press (ﻻ) key it print on screen  (ﻻ) but it not connected with other letters as it should be in arabic, here is example, I press Key of (ع) then (ﻻ) and not connected:
عﻻ

2. when I press (ع) then (ل) then (ا), they are connected as it should be:
علا

for more details, here pictures how it print in LiberOffice Writer:

1. when press (ﻻ) it just print only (ل):

2. and here when press (ع) then (ل) then (ا):

And here in google chrome search box:

it is easy to to use 1 key to print (ﻻ) rather than using two keys.also I was using windows OS and all keys working right. but I do not know what is the problem with Kubuntu.
I hope you understand the problem, if you have an Arabic person in your team he will understand the issue very well.
this is info and settings in my laptop, I hope the help you to know what is the problem.

Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0Qt Version: 5.12.8Kernel Version: 5.13.0-27-genericOS Type: 64-bitProcessors: 2 × Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHzMemory: 2.8 GiB of RAM

Waiting your answer.thank you