[kde-linux] KDE-4.14.0 doesn't work

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 11 19:26:15 UTC 2014

I mentioned problems with KDE-4.14.0.  At start up, Plasma-Desktop
immediately crashes and will not restart.  KATE/KWrite do the same for
apparently the same reason.

Some research indicates that Qt-4.8.6 will not run on AMD-64 bit
processors.  Going back to 4.8.4, which I still had on the system, fixed
the problem.  I have not tried 4.8.5 yet.  Has anyone used it to know if
it works or not?

Does anyone know if this had been fixed and if there is a repository
that I could download an updated version from?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch